Thursday, January 1, 2015

Welcome on board to 2015

 Hello 2015-ers!

I hope you all had a wonderful evening last night, however you chose to celebrate. The turning of the year traditionally calls upon us to reflect on the year past, make changes and improve ourselves during the year ahead. We privately or publicly make promises to that extent. It's always great to hear other people's insights and ideas, so I wonder what your new year resolutions are this year?  

My main goal for this year is to get my website back online - only new and improved. It will have a members section with tutorials and concept shoots, better galleries and means to book me straight away through the site. Also to set up a sister site to focus more on everything else life offers. I get asked a lot about travel, being nomadic, messages from sisters from around the world etc I've started featuring more personal information on my Instagram. Find me there as 'Madame Bink'. I included two photos of how I chose to spend my transition into 2015 as well as how I started my first morning of the year. 

I spent the first half of my evening showering and cleansing. Reflecting on the year that's past. It's been a roller coaster of a year 2014. 

Life was hard for a while and many people showed me kindnesses I could never have expected. Housing my pooch and I, welcoming me back to modelling full time and showing me friendship. Message of support came to me from across this little world of ours and I was moved and humbled by it. 

It became immediately apparent who my friends were. As is always the case in times of hardship. From family, long term friends and people I really hardly knew. You know who you are and thank you. Any one who likes my modelling, supports it and enjoys it... We all thank you. I wouldn't be writing this if it wasn't for those friends who helped me start a new.

A special, special thank you has to go to my beautiful, wonderful Ivory Flame. Who instantly offered me housing, clothing, food and encouragement to get back on my feet despite the heart ache. She looked after Major so I could work, took me to airports and held my hand when I needed a friend. There's not really any words to explain what she did for me this year. But I'm back, and that's thanks to her. Thank you again beautiful soul sister.

But from what seemed like total disaster spawned a new chapter. My year started scared, in survival mode needing to earn money and get a roof over our heads and heart broken. Then I passed my driving test and converted a transit into a camper and began touring my modelling again properly with my pooch Major. He liked waking up in forests and beside beaches as much as I did! I scratched the wanderlust itch and took one of my soul sisters to Italy for a surprise 21st birthday gift to her. And in September I returned to my home. The place that calls to me. I went back to the Lake District. Asked to photograph an event (Grasmere Guzzler) I was supremely lucky enough to meet a man there who I've fallen in love with. And that's who I ended 2014 with. 

Wrapped up in my partners arms. Giving and receiving love well past midnight. We had decided to stay in and not face the crowds but only as the night drew in did we decide to create a sacred space with candles and incense to beckon in the new year together. It was the most unique, intimate and perfect New Year's Eve I've ever had. My year ended in love, supported and happy. I've been very lucky to receive such love and support from my partner. Thank you. 

I've embraced the good and the lessons of 2014 and I'm going in 2015 happier than ever before.

We slept a little and then bundled ourselves into the car to watch sunrise at St Michael's Mount. It's around 45 mins from us and this an early start! But such a beautiful way to start the year. It was windy and cloudy but refreshing and beautiful. Major enjoyed the freedom on the beach as of course there wasn't many people about at that time! 


And there we have it. Hello 2015. I've got high expectations and big dreams for you. To all I saw in 2014 - thank you for being a part of my journey and sharing your time with me on shoots and in coffee shops. Thank you. I hope we see each other again this year.

Lots of love to you who have made it this far! Well done ;) Hope to see you this year :) 

5 comments:

Paul Timon said...

I remember you 'disappeared' for a while and those that knew you said you were taking time off. Didn't realise it was serious but glad you had the help and support you had and now you're back. I hope we'll see you in Ireland this year.

Anita said...

Love you Binky! This blog brought a tear to my eye. Take care sister, and let's keep pursuing our dreams and an alternative way of living this year xxxx

Ivory Flame said...

Your strength and determination along your journey has been nothing short of breathtaking, knowing especially how tough it is to start over, and all the emotions to face. I'm so happy to share it all with you as we help each other through the twists & turns :-) Wonderful to read and hear about the love and excitement in your life at this new chapter. I can't wait to see what creativity to bring to us next! Wishing you all the best in the adventure of life my wonderful friend xxx

Austin said...

Awesome write up!
Felt you there, sister!
All the very, very best to you & yours in 2015!

JLorenzo said...

So glad to hewar you are fine, like someone stated I was under the impression you where taking time off which we all need from time to time and seeing how much you travel.. it was good to hear. However, after reading this if you ever need help in the future don't be afraid to reach out. Your friend are here to help.